Our main goal is to develop pupils’ reading, writing, speaking and listening skills as well as to build their confidence in communicating with English. In order to achieve this, we have employed several strategies :
- The Integrated English Language Programme (IELP) - School-based Reading and Writing curriculum for Primary 1 and 2
- Grant Scheme on Promoting Effective English Language Learning in Primary Schools (PEEGS). Developing the school-based language arts and phonics programme for Primary 1 and interactive reading programmes for Primary 2 and 3 pupils
- School-based Reading Workshops which boost Primary 3 to 6 pupils’ reading skills
- Use of various learning apps, online resources and the E-textbooks which enhance pupils’ language skills from Primary 4 to 6
- Fun English activities such as English Day, P.1-3 APSSS English Theatre, P.4-6 English Challenge Day and P.6 Interviewing Tourists
Student Showcase (click here)
English game booths during lunch break
Learning English with Art and Crafts!
P.6 Interviewing tourists at the airport
Visiting a golf centre with P.4-6 Ambassadors
Self-learning with online resources
Shopping at APSSS Supermarket
Smarties perform a puppet show!
Study Tour to Brisbane, Australia
Teachers co-plan with experts from the EDB